Wednesday, May 20, 2009

365 Days


For 365 days you have been faithful
To guard me against lustful eyes, strangers and fools
I was perplexed, anguished and ungrateful
Those days seemed to be somewhat awful

I felt my wings were clipped and trimmed
As I found myself under your watchful whim
Alone I could not explore, slow down nor scheme
You were like a black shadow looming my dream

You tell me what to do and direct me where to go
You approve how I dress: sometimes ‘yes’, oftentimes ‘no’
You instruct what is appropriate and what I need to let go
I resented that my life is built like a “Lego”

For 365 days you have protected your wife with care
You are a driver, a bodyguard and a husband beyond compare
Perhaps your anxiety is more than I can bear
But dear husband, your love is a gem so rare.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Thanks for sharing. That is a great poem.